Church Council 2018

Officers:

Aimee Mikl-Young, Robbie Jo Ellefson, Wendy Loy, Gene Buffington


Family Education:

Kelly Nelson-Esterby, Wendy Loy, Patti Audorff, Robbie Jo Ellefson, Desiree Buck


Property Management:

Dale Paulson, Mike Goodremote, Gene Buffington, Vern Ellefson


Stewardship and Evangelism:

Sue Paulson, Lon Christopherson, MaryAnn Omtvedt, Mary Peterson, Aimee Mikl-Young


Worship and Music:

Lacey Buhr, Linda Bilodeau,

Jodie Madison, Cathy Davis

A Brief History - 1867 to Today

New Hope's ministry to our communities in the Northwoods of Wisconsin officially began in 1867, though even before that people of faith had begun to gather having brought their faith with them from Norway. The parish has gone through changes, but of the remaining entities, Our Savior's was founded in 1867 with the original building west of Sand Creek where the current Our Savior's Cemetery is located on County Road V. Zion was founded in 1868 and the original building was in the village of Sand Creek, and the Zion Cemetery just north of town. The Pine Creek congregation began in 1912, and still worships in the original building surrounded by the cemetery on V four miles east of Ridgeland. In 1972 the two worshipping communities near Sand Creek left their original sites to come together in the current building. New Hope is one congregation - a multi-site congregation - worshiping in two locations. 

Our Savior's, Sand Creek - 

1867-1972

In 1867 recent immigrants from Norway, having settled on the west side of the Red Cedar River, organized Our Savior's Lutheran Church. About forty families formed "The Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Congregation of Sand Creek." The structure was built several miles west of Sand Creek.  In 1912 families living nearer Ridgeland built a second church building near Pine Creek. The two were served by the same pastor. 

Zion, Sand Creek - 1868 - 1972

In 1868 recent immigrants from Norway, having settled on the east side of the Red Cedar River, organized what was early on known as "Den Norske Evangeliske Lutheriske Zions Menighed in Sand Creek."  After much discussion, the structure was built in the village of Sand Creek. Some Zion families living to the north soon desired a building closer to home and helped form Dovre Lutheran Church. The pastor served both congregations for a time. 

Our Savior's, 

Pine Creek/Ridgeland - 

1912 - 1972

As the early years passed, it became evident that the Our Savior's families living farther west would need a building closer to home for the growing population near Ridgeland. In 1912 construction began on the edifice that still serves the west end of what is now New Hope.